The City of Melrose will again be hosting the 2nd Annual Four Corners Music Festival on Saturday, July 18. The FCMF is seeking the musical talents of Melrose residents of all ages to perform 1-3 songs in between the main acts. Space is limited. If you are a local musician of any age, you don’t want to miss this opportunity!
Here is what you need to know to participate:
- Examples of what we’re looking for: local resident singer/songwriters, local bands or small groups, school-aged budding musicians who can perform a full song comfortably in front of an audience. Many styles will be welcomed including contemporary, Americana, classical, blues, jazz, country, etc.
- Send submissions with the following info to: BostonLovesMusic@gmail.com
- Send any recordings or videos, links to your music etc. OR a referral from your music mentor/teacher, school talent show coordinator, or parent if possible. Let us know your talent/musical specialty and what you might like to perform, as well as the school you attend and grade level if applicable.
- The submission deadline is Friday, July 3.
- The Four Corners Festival 2015 will feature two Melrose parks full of music. A kids’ concert will be held at Cedar Park from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and a contemporary concert at Hesseltine Park from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
There will also be food trucks and kid’s activities run by the Recreation Department.
Stay tuned for additional information on the 2nd Annual Four Corners Music Festival or visit facebook and search “Four Corners Music Festival 2015”