Find out what it’s like to be in a marching band! City Wide Band Night is October 14; here’s everything you need to know:
- Students grades 3 – 8 are invited to an open rehearsal with the MHS Marching Band.
- All students are welcome and anyone who plays a band instrument is highly encouraged to attend!
- Report to Fred Green Field at 5:50pm on Wednesday October 14th
- Parents should take a seat in the stands in front of the press box
- Students can come down and sit on the field (students may also sit in the stands with parents if they want)
- Rehearsal will start at 6:00pm with a short playing intro from the band and color guard followed by introductions
- Students will then be invited out onto the field (they may bring their instruments) and will break into sectionals to be led by the high school band members
- Students will learn some basic marching positions, terms, concepts, etc while marching together with their friends.
- Parents are welcome to and encouraged to take pictures during this time
- The MHS Marching Band will perform their 2015 Halftime Show at 6:50
- WROR will be there again this year!