We are expecting up to 10 inches of snow on Monday, beginning during the morning commute. All signs are that this will be a similar storm to Friday’s, except the duration will be much longer, lasting into Tuesday morning. Here’s what you need to know:
- School will be closed on Monday.
- City Hall will be closed, however, all snow and city operations will be run out of the Public Works Operations Center at the City Yard. If you have any concerns regarding snow removal, please call 781-665-0142.
- Trash and recycling will be picked up on Monday.
- The Melrose Public Library and the Milano Senior Center will be closed.
- There will be an on-street parking ban on side streets throughout the day. There will be no parking ban downtown or in commercial districts.
- Please report any downed wires to the Melrose Fire Department at 781-665-1313.
- Please report power outages to National Grid’s main operations office at 800-322-3223.
- Please report any downed tree limbs to Public Works at 781-665-0142.
This will be a long, slow-moving storm. We ask you if possible to stay off the roads and be patient with cleanup. All available staff and contractors will be working to remove snow today and overnight. All snow operations will be run out of the Public Works Operations Center at 781-665-0142.