Despite the string of beautiful days, winter is going to go out with a bang tomorrow. This storm is still moving and any movement of the storm will dictate how many inches of snow we get and at what time. As of 5:00 today it looks like we will get between 3 and 6 inches of snow, with the most accumulation happening between 4 and 8 a.m.
So here are the facts:
- The timing of the storm will mean an awful commute. Give yourself plenty of time, because some projections say it could be up to an inch an hour during that time.
- The snow will be heavy, wet snow, so give yourself plenty of time to shovel out.
- Melrose Public Schools: Superintendent Taymore has already begun discussions with area superintendents, but there are some things we do know:
- Give yourself plenty of time for morning dropoff, because it will be very snowy and very slippery.
- If there is a delay, it will be a two-hour delay.
- All decisions regarding school will happen tomorrow morning.
- We are prepared to plow. However, I am asking you for patience due to the timing of the storm, which will be in conflict with the morning commute, making it much more difficult. Sanders will be out very early in the morning.
If you have any questions or concerns, call 781-665-0142.