Please join us for our Memorial Day observances this weekend. Here is the schedule:
The traditional decoration of the graves in Wyoming Cemetery will take place on Saturday, May 28, at 10 a.m.
The traditional tour of Veterans Memorials will take place on Sunday, May 29, beginning at the Women’s Veterans Memorial at 11 a.m.
The Memorial Day Parade will also take place on Sunday, May 29, starting at 1:30 p.m., and will travel from Memorial Hall down Main Street to Sylvan Street, concluding with a closing ceremony at Wyoming Cemetery. This Grand Marshals of this year’s parade are women veterans, and all women veterans are invited to march in the Grand Marshal section of the parade. I hope you will join us to show your support for all our veterans and the sacrifices they have made.
Here is a list of street closings and parking restrictions that will be in effect on Sunday, May 29:
- City Hall Parking Lot will be closed from 8 am through 2 pm.
- Main Street southbound will be closed from Emerson Street to Upham Street at noon to allow lineup of parade vehicles on Main Street.
- Main Street northbound and southbound between Emerson and Upham Streets will be closed from 12:30 pm through 2:30 pm Traffic will be detoured onto Lebanon Street and Myrtle Street.
- Main Street northbound and southbound between Upham and Sylvan Streets will be closed from 1:00 pm through 2:45 pm. Traffic will be detoured to Lebanon and Myrtle Streets.
- Main Street northbound and southbound from Sylvan Street to Banks Place will be closed from 2-3 pm.
- Sylvan Street from Linwood Avenue at the Cemetery Entrance, to Main Street (both eastbound and westbound) will be closed from 1:15 -3:30 pm.
- All side streets leading into Main Street from Lebanon Street, Dell Avenue, and Myrtle Street will be closed until approximately 3 pm. Neighborhood access away from Main Street will be allowed.
- Parking along the west side (City Hall side) of Main Street from Emerson to Essex and Sylvan Streets (Main St. to Mt. Vernon Ave.) will be prohibited from 10 am to approximately 3 pm. Parking on both sides of Main Street from Upham to Sylvan Street will be prohibited from noon to 3 pm.