Assistant Administrative Clerk (Part-Time)
The Melrose Housing Authority is seeking a Part-Time Assistant Administrative Clerk to perform clerical, computer, and organizational functions for a busy office. The ideal candidate should be reliable, hardworking, organized, and will be responsible to provide clerical support to the Assistant Director of Housing Management as well as office staff.
- Answer all incoming call and direct calls to appropriate person. Take messages when necessary for staff.
- Assist all walk-in clients, tenant, vendors, or landlords of the MHA to give proper direction for the Melrose Housing Authority Section 8, and/or Public Housing elderly/disabled programs.
- Receive and write up daily work orders from residents, and direct to proper maintenance staff.
- Handle all phone inquiries, and walk-ins, regarding the Section 8 centralized wait list and give status update to applicants when requested.
- Assist Assistant Director of Housing Management with:
Public Housing Elderly/Disabled and Family annual inspections and recertification papers, Mailings, and other correspondence to tenants/applicants. General lease signings. Monitor application wait list.
- Receive, open, date stamp, and distribute mail to office staff.
- Perform clerical support to Executive Director and all staff members when needed.
- Answer phones and Greet walk-ins in a professional manner.
- And other duties
This position requires general knowledge and skill in common office administration software (MS Office), as well as public service patience with people of differing cultures, income-levels, education-levels, and logic. Also required is the ability to manage time between routine tasks while providing counter service to walk-in clients. This position is a 2016 summer employment position through September 1, 2016. Melrose Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact: Please mail/email resume to Lisa Young, Executive Assistant, at 910 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176. Email: Lisa@melroseha.com
Please reference Summer Employment Position in email attachments.