The MBTA has informed the Department of Public Works that they will be repairing and replacing the train tracks across West Wyoming Avenue near Berwick Street. Preliminary work will start on Friday, October 21, 2016. The replacement work will start on Saturday, October 22, 2016, at 5:00 a.m. and will continue through Monday morning. The work is required in order to maintain the safe travel of trains through this area and re-establish full service for the Monday morning commute.
Please note that West Wyoming Avenue will be closed at the train crossing in both directions in order to complete this work. Businesses, homeowners and commuters will experience road closures, traffic detours and driveway access delays during the course of the work this weekend. Melrose Police and MBTA officers will be posted throughout the detour in order to assist with traffic flow. Message boards have also been placed in order to educate commuters in and around the area. In general, the following should be anticipated:
- West Wyoming Avenue will be closed at Main Street for west bound travel (towards Stoneham). Vehicles will not be allowed to enter West Wyoming from Main Street.
- West Wyoming will be detoured at Cottage Street for traffic travelling in an easterly direction (towards Main Street). It will be closed in its entirety at Pleasant Street.
- Grove Street will be closed at Myrtle Street
- Berwick Street will be closed at Grove Street
- Traffic travelling out of Waverly Place will have to turn right and travel towards Main Street only.
- Access to Corey Street will be allowed from West Wyoming under the direction of the Detail Officers.
We stand committed in making sure that the MBTA completes this project in a safe, efficient and timely manner. If you have any issues or concerns related to the work, please contact our Engineering Division Office at 781-979-4172 or email@example.com so that they can be promptly and properly addressed.