We’re expecting a big snowstorm on Tuesday, March 14. Here’s what you need to know:
- City Hall will be closed on March 14. All operations will be moved to the the City Yard Storm Center at 781-665-0142.
- A city-wide on-street parking ban will go into effect at noon on March 14. This ban will apply to both commercial and residential areas.
- Trash and Recycling curbside collection will not take place tomorrow. All collection routes will be on holiday schedule, one day delay. (Tuesday collections will take place on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday and Friday on Saturday.)
- All municipal meetings scheduled for Tuesday evening, including the School Committee meeting, are cancelled.
- The Melrose Public Library, the Milano Senior Center, and Wyoming Cemetery will be closed.
- The Superintendent of Schools will make a decision regarding school in the next few hours.
- If you want to hire a high school student to shovel your property, here is this year’s shoveler’s list.
- To report a power outage, please call the National Grid Customer Service Line at 1-800-322-3223 or the Outage Reporting Line at 1-800-465-1212.
- For all questions or problems regarding snow, please call 781-665-0142.