The Melrose Public schools will be open tomorrow with a two-hour delay
- Melrose High School and Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School will open at 9:45 a.m.
- All elementary schools will open at 10:15 a.m.
- Trash and recycling will be picked up tomorrow and will be on a one-day delay for the rest of the week.
- Melrose City Hall, Public Library, and Council on Aging will all open at their regular times.
- The citywide parking ban will be lifted at 6 a.m.
- Area communities are experiencing power outages. If you experience a power outage, please call the National Grid Customer Service Line at 1-800-322-3223 or the Outage Reporting Line at 1-800-465-1212.
- Important message from Melrose DPW: Please do not blow snow into the street. It is not only against city ordinance (and you could be fined) but you are preventing proper cleanup and putting your neighbors at risk.
If you have any snow concerns or questions please contact the Snow Operations Center, which will be open throughout the evening, at 781-665-0142.
It looks like the worst of the snowstorm is over, but be careful as the snow is wet and heavy. DPW is out working throughout the city. If you have any snow-related problems or questions, call the DPW Storm Operations Center at 781-665-0142.
Tonight is a great night to stay in and watch Chronicle—the Melrose episode is scheduled to be re-run tonight at 7:30 on WCVB TV, Channel 5.
We’re expecting a big snowstorm on Tuesday, March 14. Here’s what you need to know:
- City Hall will be closed on March 14. All operations will be moved to the the City Yard Storm Center at 781-665-0142.
- A city-wide on-street parking ban will go into effect at noon on March 14. This ban will apply to both commercial and residential areas.
- Trash and Recycling curbside collection will not take place tomorrow. All collection routes will be on holiday schedule, one day delay. (Tuesday collections will take place on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday and Friday on Saturday.)
- All municipal meetings scheduled for Tuesday evening, including the School Committee meeting, are cancelled.
- The Melrose Public Library, the Milano Senior Center, and Wyoming Cemetery will be closed.
- The Superintendent of Schools will make a decision regarding school in the next few hours.
- If you want to hire a high school student to shovel your property, here is this year’s shoveler’s list.
- To report a power outage, please call the National Grid Customer Service Line at 1-800-322-3223 or the Outage Reporting Line at 1-800-465-1212.
- For all questions or problems regarding snow, please call 781-665-0142.
As cleanup continues from this past storm, I wanted to offer an update as to where the City is currently focusing our cleanup efforts.
First, today we will be removing snow from major parking lots in the downtown business districts to alleviate congestion and open up valuable parking spaces for dining and shopping.
Second, DPW throughout the day yesterday and today have been clearing corners at major intersections as well as opening crosswalks in heavily travelled pedestrian areas throughout all business districts. This work has already been completed at school campuses as well as dozens of intersections that are adjacent to schools.
Third, moving forward DPW will be creating openings through snow banks to allow access from on street parking to the sidewalks in major business districts to improve safety for those going into local businesses.
If you have any questions or problems, please call our Snow Operations Center at 781-665-0142.
We are expecting another 8 inches of snow between this evening and tomorrow morning, accompanied by winds between 30 and 50 mph. Please use extreme caution during the morning commute. All available equipment will be working in the City of Melrose tonight, but please expect delays and treacherous conditions tomorrow, with the ccmobination of heavy snow and high wind.
- There will be no school in the City of Melrose on Monday.
- Melrose City Hall will open at 12 noon.
- All snow operations will be run out of the Melrose City Yard, 781-665-0142.
- The Melrose Public Library, the Council on Aging, and the Milano Senior Center will be closed.
- Trash will be on a holiday schedule with no pickup on Monday. Monday trash will be picked up on Tuesday, Tuesday trash on Wednesday, etc.
- There will be an on-street parking ban starting at 8 p.m. this evening.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult stretch of weather. If you have any concerns regarding snow removal, contact the Snow Operations Center at 781-665-0142.
A false report has been made by the Melrose Patch that school has been canceled for tomorrow, February 13. This is not true as of this point.
No one from the Melrose Public Schools or the City of Melrose has contacted The Patch to announce a school cancellation. A decision will be made at a later time regarding school tomorrow.
Important information regarding the snowstorm:
- Trash will be on a one-day delay this week: No pickup on Monday, one-day delay for the rest of the week.
- An on-street parking ban will take effect citywide at 8 p.m.
- All calls regarding snow issues should go to the Snow Operations Center, 781-665-0142.
Here’s an update on the situation for Friday, February 10:
- There is no school tomorrow in the City of Melrose.
- There will be trash and recycling pickup. As stated yesterday, normal Thursday pickup will be on Friday, normal Friday pickup will be on Saturday.
- The Melrose Public Library will open at 10 a.m.
- The Milano Center and the Council on Aging will be closed.
- City Hall will be open regular Friday hours, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Memorial Hall will be open, with Kids Club happening at 10 a.m.
- There is an on-street parking ban in the City of Melrose from 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. citywide.
- Important notice for those using snowblowers: Please do not put snow in the streets. You are hampering snow removal and creating a hazard for your neighbors. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please direct all calls regarding snow concerns to 781-665-0142.
The Melrose Public Schools will be closed today because of the snow.
City Hall will close at noon.
The Melrose Public Library, Council on Aging, and Milano Center will be closed today.
Trash and recycling pickups will be postponed for one day.
Snow operations will be open throughout the day and night. Please direct all snow concerns to 781-665-0142.
There will be no school in the City of Melrose tomorrow, February 9.
There will be no trash or recycling collection on Thursday. There will be a one-day delay for the rest of the week. Thursday’s trash will be picked up on Friday, and Friday’s trash will be picked up on Saturday.
The Melrose Council on Aging, the Milano Center, and the Melrose Public Library will be closed.
The Melrose Board of Aldermen subcommittee meetings have been rescheduled for Monday, February 13.
There will be an on-street parking ban in residential neighborhoods after 10 a.m. There will be no restrictions in the business districts.
For any concerns regarding snow removal, please call the City Yard Snow Operations Center at 781-665-0142.
Please use extreme caution. There will be a heavy nor’easter with up to an inch an hour of snow and high winds till evening.
Again, all snow concerns should be directed to Snow Operations at 781-665-0142.
Due to the heavy snow, an on-street parking ban will be in effect in residential areas from 5 p.m. on. The parking ban in the business districts will begin at 10 p.m. All parking bans will end at 7 a.m. tomorrow, January 8.
If you have any snow removal concerns or questions, please call the City Yard at 781-665-0142.